Kalagni recently recommended some fiction for sorcerers and it got me to thinking as well. I love movies in general so I thought I would go with this medium. However, I went with recommendations that might not seem like a good recommendation to begin with but after some thought, it does make sense.
Submitted for the approval of the Midnight Society, I recommend these 5 movies…..in no particular order;
- LIMITLESS : I recommend this movie as a precautionary tale of how to handle the gifts you will gain eventually. While the protagonist did a good job controlling his claim to power, eventually – he got out of control and did not take his own advice in the movie and everything eventually went downhill fast. While he did get out of his conundrum, this is a movie, and maybe not all of us can be lucky to get out in one piece.
- THE SKELETON KEY : I recommend this movie, also as precautionary tale, that the world is a big place and that even one might not believe into another paradigm, does not mean that it doesn’t have power and foothold over this world. What I remember the most about this movie is how the protagonist was so adamant into believing that not believing will save her. As I watched this movie, I chuckled, thinking that the world is a big bad place and closing your eyes will not make the scary monster under the bed go away.
- THE MATRIX : I don’t think I need to explain why I recommend this movie; the whole Matrix world-building is basically an analogy for our world and the world beyond.
- ONE WEEK : I recommend this movie because while all of us gets caught in our little projects, we should never forget to live our life to the fullest. What is the point of discovering something and achieving a new tech when one is not trying to live life every moment.
- THE GOONIES : I put this movie on because I love this movie, and it singlehandedly changed my outlook in life. Whereas I was living a dull boring life before watching this movie, after watching it – it lit a fire in me that led me to exploring life and the universe and what is beyond all of this. It turned me into an adventurer of sorts, and something a sorcerer should never forget; live, experiment, have fun, don’t get boring. This movie basically teaches one the principles of becoming a sorcerer. Watch it, again, and again, and when life gets you down – watch it again, lol.
Overall, the movies I recommended does not teach or show magickal techniques but for the most part, a magickal mindset that will help one become and reach the potential they desire, to live the life that one wants while achieving the various goals they’ve set to themselves, while minimizing the danger and losses. Personally, I’ve watched these movies again and again as a reminder of things I sometimes forget. :)