Forums I FrequentPosted: February 15, 2013
You’ll see me in these forums because I need ideas from others to be inspired, but lately – the inspiration has been lacking but that could be the lulls these forums go to. I need the intellectual stimulation to inspire me to greater heights. It somewhat reminds me of Sherlock w/o an interesting case.
I just feel that the quality of questions are dumb, or noobish, or just fails in practicality and logic. Some have even made me feel stupider just by reading it…..
- The Veritas Society: This was one of the first forums I registered at. It’s still active to this date but after getting to a certain point in my magickal life, it feels more like a elitist club for armchair mages or practitioners who doesn’t have a semblance of sanity and control over themselves. [EDIT] There are some awesome mages there though if you know where to look.
- Evocation Magic: One of my favorite forums thus far. Interesting conversations for the most part that doesn’t end w/ “no, you’re stupid – uh, uh, no you are” and alot of seasoned practitioners from all walks of traditions/systems who are happy enough to talk shop. If I had a criticism regarding this forum, it’s probably the lack of leniency to noobs – but lately…..
- Occult Corpus: A beginner friendly forums for beginners, not alot of intermediate topics, kinda like going to a mall.
- DeathByLollipops: Inactive for the most part. I haven’t really combed through the site though but it is a forum for chaotes, but maybe not my kind of chaotes – lol. [EDIT] I meant that in a “technicality” difference, like moreso were in a different branching school of chaos.
- TOHO: Forum for the collective I work with. More so of a repository of ideas and research and sometimes a brainstorming avenue. Could be inactive for weeks but to us, that’s a good thing since that means everyone is doing magick rather than armchair’ing it.
Other forums I kinda stalk are Facebook groups like Guild of Sorcery (run by Brother Moloch) or Occult Practice, I also don’t mind checking out Lucky Mojos forum – for some swell hoodoo ideas.
Any other forums I should check out?