2012 Blog DemographicPosted: January 25, 2013
This is kinda interesting, albeit in a non magickal sense. We’ll be back in our regular programming, lol.
I sometimes look at my blog stats, I don’t care but it is a force of habit. Those new to the blog might not know but I am a musician by trade and these days, it’s not enough to just have a good song – you have to be able to market/promote/manage your brand, etc etc. Personally, I find that whole aspect of the music scene BOOORING – TBH, I do the minimum of what’s need to be done ( social network presence, youtube, booking gigs, fun stuff) and I try to do the fun stuff, I don’t spam for email, etc etc.
Also, I used to work in a corporate office but quit last year or so – I got pretty high up the ladder even with all of my disadvantages (not white, not good looking, not boring, etc) but surprisingly, one of the skills that both positions utilize is; stats – which to this day still adore (lol, excel sheets run my life) Stats run the music and corporate world (or the rest of the world for that matter).
Anyways, before I go off in too much of a tangent – I ended up looking at this blogs stats and I find it interesting…..I’m just going to round off from 10 of the countries that I’ve gotten the most views from.
- Germany, Sweden & Turkey: For the most part, Europe is represented pretty well – if I technically count them as one region then they’d be 2nd in the list. The latter part of the list after the top 10 is pretty much represented by EU countries.
- Brazil & Mexico comes into the list, which I found surprising; I find it interesting that countries that I think (maybe I’m wrong) have a strong magickal cultures to be reading my site. With that said, I don’t think I have any content that particularly caters to Brazillians or Mexicans but something in my blog draws them in. (shoutout for all of the UFC/Boxing fans though)
- Australia in the list. I know some occultist in Australia but that’s as far as I my reach goes for that country and TBH, I don’t think they read my blog enough times to boost this country to 5th place. (i’m watching the Australian Open as we speak.)
- Philippines: Here is the case again as well where I think here’s a country with a strong magickal culture – there is so much magick in that small little island that I don’t see the need to read my accounts whereas you can live it by doing it.
- Canada: My home, lol. The stat is just me, myself and I – which I thought did well since we’re 3rd, lol…..I wonder who is reading my blog from Canada – I only know a couple of peeps here. Hit me up, BTW, if you’ve from Canada and we run in the same circles and we’ve not met.
- UK: This stat came out of nowhere, thank you for the support or I’m sorry that you ended up reading the madness that’s called my blog (?). I love your Sherlock, your Doctor Who, the rain – I can list alot of things I love about the UK and now, I can add blog supporters to the list.
- and finally, my #1 country for views is the USA. I’m not surprised at all that this came in as #1. I guess you can call this my #1 hangout place (for occultism in general) so it doesn’t come as a surprise that most of my readers are from the US as well. The only thing that did surprise me is how much of an extent my viewers come from that country, 7x more than the UK.
Overall, I guess thank you for checking out my blog (?) – I just never expected to have so much readers of this blog. I started this blog because this was a great platform for me to write about my experiences – it was never intended to garner viewers or hits.
True to the old school chaos magick principles, I’m just some dude doing magick and sharing my experiences with others.